Flexible ChoicesGiving you independence, flexibility, and new alternatives in how to use your Long-Term Care Medicaid Funding.
Flexible Choices is an option under Choices for Care/ Vermont Long‐Term Care Medicaid which allows you, a family member, or someone you trust to manage your Choices for Care services at home within a state approved allowance. Flexible Choices is designed to give you more ﬂexibility and options in how you use your funding. The level of ﬂexibility depends on your speciﬁc needs and both Federal and State guidelines. Transition II will work with you to determine a budget and a plan to meet those needs within your approved budget.
When you take part in the Flexible Choices option you can:
- Work with an advisor to develop a budget to reflect your specific needs and design a plan to achieve your goals.
- Save unused funding toward targeted needs that will help increase your health, safety, wellness, and independence.
- Spend your funding in a more flexible way. Designated funds can move between service categories as needs change.
- Have access to service agencies outside of the Choices for Care system if the agency is a recognized home care agency in the state of Vermont and conducts its own background checks.
- Be the employer of your own staff.
- Manage and oversee your own budget and services.
Decide if the Flexible Choices option is the right choice for you. (Please insert Learn more link….. after the Decide if Flexible Choices is the right choice for you so that Employer of Record Responsibilities and Advisor roles can be further outlined)