Is Self and Family Management the option for you?Decide if Self and Family Management is the right choice for you.
If you have arrived here, then you are most likely wondering if Self and Family Management is the best option for you. While this option will allow you greater flexibility in how your support services are delivered it will require more responsibility on your part. Choosing to take part in the Self and Family Management option means that you will be willing to work with Transition II as the Supportive Intermediary Service Organization (SISO) to learn your role and responsibilities as an employer and that you will be willing to carry out these roles and responsibilities on an ongoing basis.
To take part in the Self and Family Management option, the employer will need to be able to, at a minimum, fulfill the following roles and responsibilities:
- Make sure that the individual who requires services is Medicaid eligible and take part in the process of maintaining Medicaid eligibility for that individual. It is crucial that Transition II is notified of any changes in the individual’s Medicaid eligibility.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork to Transition II within the necessary timeframes and deadlines.
- Participate in Needs Assessments and Periodic Reviews.
- Maintain the required minimum chart on file for appropriate documents for the individual with measurable tracking records.
- Oversee that services and supports are given in a way that matches the Individual Service Agreement (ISA) and budget.
- Report any instances of abuse or neglect that you think may have happened to the appropriate reporting authority.
- Recruit and select qualified employee(s) that are 18 years of age or older
- Have a job description available for your employee(s), and complete reference checks before letting the employee(s) start work.
- Allow employee(s) start work only AFTER the background check has been completed, and they passed the background check.
- Make sure your employee(s) complete the employee paperwork and you verify your employee(s) identification (i.e., driver’s license, social security card, passport). Return all paperwork to the Fiscal Intermediary Service Organization (FISO)- ARIS Solutions.
- Train, or hire someone to train, your employee(s) in accordance with the regulations that are outlined in the Pre-Service and In-Service training documents.
- Supervise and monitor employee(s) to make sure they do the work they have been hired to do.
- Authorize employee(s) timesheets (based on approved budget and actual time worked)
- Suspend or fire employee(s) if necessary.
- Take part in the Department’s quality review process. Answer surveys about services from the Department or from other places about services. Respond to any necessary changes that are identified by the quality review process.